Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1
Applied through HackerEarth coding challenge for 6 months+ experienced
Round 1(Hackerearth Round – Coding Challenge): Two questions were asked to solved.
- Based on the priority queue
- Based on the map
I solved both questions within 40 minutes.
After few weeks got a call for scheduling interview rounds.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): Two questions were asked, along with the behavioural questions.
- First question was based on the binary search
- Second was a DP problem with binary tree.
I was able to solved both the problems, some questions were asked from the previous experience.
Round 3(Technical Interview – Taken by a SDE-2): Two questions were asked, along with the behavioural questions.
- First question was similar to the problem https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/next-greater-element/
- Second question was a DP problem.
The questions were followed by questions from previous experience and behavioural questions.
Round 4(Technical Interview – Taken by a Senior SDM): Two questions were asked
- First question was OOPs concept based question, I was given with some features which needed to add in the amazon alexa, and asked to implement the generic and maintainable code, using different oops concept.
- Second question was similar to https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/the-celebrity-problem/, They have provided a single array of people and a function knows(a,b) which return true if a knows b otherwise false.
Some more questions from resume, past experiences, college projects and behavioural based were asked
Round 5(Bar Raiser Round – Taken by SDE-2): Two questions along with some resume based and behavioural questions.
- First question was based on LRU based, the question was framed in a way that you first need to understand the question itself, and ask different questions.
- Second question was similar to the problem https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-top-k-or-most-frequent-numbers-in-a-stream/.
- Thoroughly go through amazon leadership principals as most of the behavioural questions were asked from that only.
- Be vocal throughout your interview process, incase if you are going in the wrong direction interviewer might help you.
- Ask questions to clarify the questions that were asked
- Always be prepared to dry run the code you have written as interviewer might not code in same language as you do.
After giving all the rounds, a few days later got informed that i was selected.