Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 (2 Years Experienced)
Applied for SDE-1 @Amazon through Jobs Portal for Bangalore Location. Total 5 rounds (all Online) were taken including Written Test. Below is my experience.
Round 1 (Written Test 1.5 hours):
2 coding questions:
- Don’t remember the exact question but it was String-based Custom Sorting.
- Given an M*N chessboard find minimum steps for the knight to move from the given source to destination.
Round 2 (Technical 1 hour):
Introduction + Project Intro + 2 coding questions:
- Given 2 strings with ‘R’, ‘G’, ‘B’, ‘V’ letters calculate hits & pseudo-hits (same letter at same index in both Strings => Hits & same letter at different indexes => pseudo-hits. Hits not to be counted in Pseudo-hits)
Round 3 (Behavioral + Technical 50 min): Introduction + Project Intro + Situation based questions + 1 coding questions:
- Tell me a time when you had to deliver a feature in less amount of time.
- Given a chance how would you like to change your project workflow for a Better User Experience?
(2 more situation based questions I don’t remember)
- Given an Infinite String of ‘0’ and ‘1’ rearrange string such that all ‘0’s come before all ‘1’s (We have to do in 1 pass as it is infinite)
Round 4 (Behavioral + Technical 45 min): Introduction + Project Intro + Situation based + 2 coding questions:
- What technologies do you use in your project? Why is that best for the project?
- Why did you choose that approach for the feature delivery (1 one of the features I had implemented)?
- Convert Ternary Expression to Binary Tree
- Distribute Candies
Round 5 (Behavioral + Technical 1 hour Bar Raiser with Sr. Manager): Introduction + Project Intro + Situation based + 2 coding questions:
- Tell me a time when you disagreed with your teammate.
- Tell me a time when your manager gave you negative feedback. What did you do after that?
- Given an M*N matrix consisting of 1 person in every cell, there is Covid Person in between. Find the minimum time it takes for the whole matrix to get infected. Infected Persons can infect persons to their Left, Right, Top & Below.
- Follow-Up Question: Count the same when there are multiple Covid infected people in the matrix.
- Reverse Linked List in size of K.
2 days after BR I was informed I have been selected 🙂