Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1
- 1 leetcode easy question
- 1 medium leetcode graph: finding the shortest path with mines in between the start and end location provided
- Also required to explain the approach in documentation
F2F Round 1: SDM with huge experience
- Queue implementation using stacks – pinpointing on clean code and optimisation/tweaks – Easy/Med
- Check symmetry in n-ary(generic) trees- HARD: you can watch a tutorial on Youtube by pepcoding
This round did not go well as I could not figure a full solution to the second question
F2F Round 2:Taken by an SDE 1
- 2 behavioural questions on amazon LP: When you had tough deadlines, and you had to make compromise what did you do?
- TIP: High standards, think out of the box, no compromises, prioritise tasks
- When you worked out of your designated work?
- TIP: ownership principle, teamwork
2 coding problems :
- Remove elements from sorted Linked lIst which occurs more than once
- Binary search Medium+ question – Sorted array with some swapping between neighbouring elements, now you are given a key to search
ANS – these are sorted segments – use Binary search – find points where swapping might have been done
I was able to solve all questions and gave good behavioural answers as well
Shortlisted for 2 more rounds
F2F Round 3: Taken by SDM with high experience
- 4-5 Behavioural Questions Situation based on LP based on Customer obsession and more
- When you did something extra for customers?
- When you and the client had different POV and how did you solve that ?
- Basically how you handle conflicts
- 1 coding question – validate sudoku
- Getting all edge cases is very important over here and in all the problems before you write the code, get those seemingly obvious/vague/tricky cases cleared. ASK, there is nothing that you can lose in that
- I was able to solve the coding problem and was prepared for behavioural
TIP: for behavioural, https://interviewgenie.com/blog-1/interviewing-at-amazon-behavioral-interview-questions
and more, you can check at LinkedIn
F2F Round 4:
- Discussion on projects, OS, DBMS, CN
- amazon.com link working in the background – networking?
- Transactions and deadlocks?
- Bankers Algo?
- Threads and processes in OS
- One Coding problem – Medium/hard
- CONVERT CAT -> MEN
- all intermediatory words should be proper dictionary words( which is already implemented, no worries about that)
- In one iteration you are allowed to only change one letter at any position in the word to form the next word
- CAT -> CAN ->MAN -> MEN
TIP – Recursion
- It was an off-campus application, took one month for the process.
- Keep faith in yourself
- Interviewers will guide you to the solution if you get the subtle hints and work in that direction
- Workout with all edge cases
- Do not panic, treat it like a good discussion
Thanks to the YouTubers I followed and GfG