I recently gave an interview for a programmer analyst role at Amazon.
Round 1(Online Test): Two questions I cannot recollect exactly what they were, but they were surely in medium to the hard range.
All the rounds from the 2nd-4th round were conducted on Amazon Chime. Each round was about 1 hour.
Round 2(Technical Interview):
- The interviewer gave me a piece of code with switch statements and asked me to discuss what the code was intended for and fix the bugs.
- Tell me about your project.
- Write a logic to see if you can accommodate all the even numbers in the array at even indices. Print Yes/No accordingly.
Round 3(Technical + Behavioral):
- Tell me about a time when you were given feedback, and you did something to improve on it.
- Left View of a binary tree.
- Tell me about a time when you convinced someone to make something that only you’ve wanted to do.
- Paint fill problem, I gave DFS approach, but the interviewer was looking for an optimized approach. He gave me several hints to use BFS but I couldn’t catch them :/ But finally when I said we can use a queue the time was up:)
- The interviewer asked me about my projects. Please explain everything in detail, as much as you can during that time.
- Find the second largest element in an array(sorting not allowed).
- Check if one string is a rotation of another.
- Be calm and do not rush during the interview, take time and ask more questions for clarity, the interviewers are very happy to help.
- Please explain your approach clearly (Do it with confidence) and then move on to code.
- And at the end of the interview, when the interviewer finally asks do you have any questions for me? I would say go ahead and ask a few appropriate questions, this creates a conversation and interviewers will feel good that you’re curious about things.
Overall, it was a great experience and I would like to thank GeeksforGeeks for providing a platform to share my experience. Hope this article helped you with your preparation. Good Luck 🙂
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.