Below are the questions asked in amazon interview for 3yr experienced guy in java technology.
Round 1 (Telephonic) :
- I was asked two DS questions in this round.
You are given an array containing length of the pipes. ith pipe has length a[i], and length = cost of pipe. The array is unsorted, you have to combine pipes till there is only one pipe left and have to minimize the cumulative cost as well.
Solution: (Connect n ropes with minimum cost)
- Given a linked list, you have to reverse k alternate nodes.
Round 2 (Face to Face – Technical) :
The came in asked questions about the projects I did. I was able to explain him as I only mentioned what I did and was confident about the pros and cons of it.
Besides projects, they asked one more question to find out first non repeated character in a character stream and the solution has to be optimal.
Solution: (Given a string, find its first non-repeating character)
Round 3 (Face to Face – System Design) :
- You have to design a game called wordament where you will generate 4×4 matrix containing characters with each character holding a score. You have to design the gameplay, the game will stop automatically in 2 mins.
Round 4 (Face to Face – Behavioral) : This round mainly focused on:
- The work done so far in my career.
- The approaches I adapted in different situations, what would have been my decision under certain conditions and why?
- How would I have tackled those situations.
The system design round became the hindrance for me to clear the interview process and resulted in rejection. Other wise there would have been 2 more rounds.
Best of luck 🙂
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 433 (SDE 2 for Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 402 (Experienced for SDE 2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 268 (Experienced)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 140 (Experienced for SDE)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 294 (Experienced)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 334 (For 4.5 Years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 331 (1 Year Experienced for SE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience(2 years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience |Set 225 (For 1 Year Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 267 (8 Months Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 269 (1 year experienced for SDE-1)
- Amazon interview experience | SDE-1 | 2.5 years experienced
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 275 ( Off-Campus SDE-I Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE 1 (2.5 Years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 1 year Experienced for SDE-1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.