Amazon Interview Experience 2021 | 3+ Years Experienced
The first step was to get the profile short-listed. Referrals can be a better way to apply for a profile.
Round 1(Coding Round): The first round comprised of 2 coding questions on the hackerrank platform
- Algorithm Swap. The question was a variation of https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/minimum-swaps/1
- Robot Move. The second was a variation of https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/does-robot-moves-circular0414/1
We also have to write the approach used for both these coding questions.
The coding round was cleared, and I got an email for further rounds which were on Amazon Chime.
Round 2(Technical Interview): There was a brief discussion on the projects and technical challenges faced till now and two coding questions were asked for which I had to provide the working code. It can be in any language but I used Java for it.
Along with them, Amazon leaderships related questions were asked while solving the problems.
Round 3(System Design Round):
- The problem statement was to give an HLD for “Voting Management System“. Along with it, LLD was taken up for some of the modules present in the design, handling race conditions, etc. Leadership questions were present in all the rounds.
Round 4(Technical Interview):
- Was asked to write an extensible cache management library, something like Redis. Few modules were written completely like LRU.
- The library should be extensible was the main requirement to be met.
Round 5(System Design Round):
- Design an Instagram was the problem statement we tried solving in this round. Some queries/scales/db/API was taken up in detail.
After few days, Received a call from HR confirming the selection.
Hope it helps!!