Amazon Interview Experience
I have applied to Amazon via LinkedIn. Finally, I got a mail stating that I can give my online test on Hacker-rank platform.
Round 1: It is an online round on hacker-rank. Two coding questions were asked. We need to write time complexity and space complexity as well.
- Optimizing Alexa Suggestions
In this question 1 list is given with x and y coordinates and an integer X is given. We need to find X restaurants near the customer from location (0,0).
Example 1 : location:[[1,2],[3,4],[1,-1]], X=2 O/P: [[1,-1],[1,2]]
- Device Application Pairs
In this question device capacity, foregroundAppList and backgroundAppList is given. We need to find the foreground and background pair which optimally utilizes the device capacity. List has set of pair where first integer represents id and second integer represents amount of memory required.
Example 1 : capacity = 7, foregroundAppList:[[1,2],[2,4],[3,6]], backgroundAppList:[[1,2]] O/P:[[2,1]] Example 2 : capacity = 10, foregroundAppList:[[1,3],[2,5],[3,7],[4,10]], backgroundAppList:[[1,2],[2,3],[3,4],[4,5]] O/P:[[2,4],[3,2]]
After 15-20 days I got call from HR for amazon Chime Interview. There will be 3 rounds on that day only. The rounds were held in next week.
Round 2: It is taken by Manager.
- There is discussion on project, leadership principles and Java concepts.
- Incident when you deep dive, etc
- Process and threads
- How google.com works when we type it in URL.
- Multiprocessing, multitasking, multithreading, etc
Round 3: It is taken by SDE-1. Two codes were asked. I was able to solve both.
- Find the number of combination of a phone number.
- Minimum time required to move from one cell to another. I solved it using bfs.
Round 4: It was taken by SDE-2. Two codes were asked. I was able to solve both.
- A question similar to: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/kth-largest-element-in-a-stream/
- A question based on dp to find ways to move from one cell to another.
After 3 weeks I got reply that I will have bar raiser round after 1 week.
Round 5 : It was taken by SDM-2. Leadership principles were asked and some java concepts.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.