Amazon Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Amazon arrived for hiring in the last week of Sept 2021 on our campus for the 6 months Software Development Engineer Role. We had a total of 3 rounds (1 Online Coding on Amazon’s Assessment Portal + 2 Technical Interviews).
Round 1: Online Assessment Round
The coding round comprised of 4 sections:
- Debugging: We had to choose a language and debug up to 10 questions most probably. Codes were very basic like sorting, etc.
- Coding: There were two medium-hard level questions.
- Work-style Assessment
- Aptitude: 25 aptitude questions (most probably)
Round 2: Technical Interview Round 1
- Next Greater Frequency of Element: same as next greater element but print greater frequency instead. I was asked to write only the function.
Eg - 1 1 2 1 3 2 -> -1 -1 1 -1 1 -1
- Design a data structure that does insert, delete, max, min deletes max, delete min operations in less time complexity preferred O(1) (with duplicate elements),.I answered accordingly as given in GFG using a doubly-linked list and min and max heaps. But he asked for a more optimized delete min/max operation in O(1) but I wasn’t able to come up. He explained to me that we could use one more data structure to store addresses of the elements in the heaps. I was asked only the intuition.
Round 3: Technical Interview Round 2
- Clone a Binary tree having random pointers The structure of the node was already provided.
- Tell me about any technology that you have started learning or have worked on recently – Use the STAR method to explain. I was from ECE so I was also allowed to speak about any technology which may be related to ECE too.
- Start from brute force and keep on optimizing when asked.
- Speak while coding or thinking.
- Repeat the question how you have understood it.
- Keep track of edge cases.
- Use STAR method for behavioral questions.
I guess they didn’t ask me any theory as I was from ECE and also not much time was left. Don’t take it for granted, it’s just an assumption of mine.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...