Amazon Internship Interview Experience 2021
Amazon Interview experience for Internship 2021. There was 1 coding exam round and 2 technical interview rounds.
Coding Exam: There were 2 coding questions as follows:
Become a success story instead of just reading about them. Prepare for coding interviews at Amazon and other top product-based companies with our Amazon Test Series. Includes topic-wise practice questions on all important DSA topics along with 10 practice contests of 2 hours each. Designed by industry experts that will surely help you practice and sharpen your programming skills. Wait no more, start your preparation today!
- Count the number of distinct pairs in an array that adds up to a given target sum
- A question on linked list modification
- 24 Aptitude Questions, around 80 Psychometric Questions, and 7 debugging questions
Interview Round 1: The interviewer asked to explain the logic and code for the following questions right away:
- In a sorted array having each number repeated, there is one Unique number. List the different approaches with the help of which you could solve this problem. (I said Linear search, hashing, and Binary search – I was asked a detailed logic for the binary search approach with complete time and space complexity analysis, with proper code.)
- Print the zig-zag traversal of a binary tree (I explained 2 methods: One, using queue and stack, Another using 2 stacks)
- I was asked if I had any questions.
Interview Round 2:
- Tell your entire journey, challenges faced during your previous internship. Explain the evaluation metrics for the project during your internship (I had an internship in NLP background). Tell about your experience when you had to learn something new, to get out of your comfort zone to achieve something in your life.
- Coding Question: Given a 2D Boolean array where each row is sorted, find the row with the maximum number of 1s. (I had to explain code the optimized approach)
- Do you have any questions from us?