This was on HLD, I was asked a question on how to design an online chess game. The questions asked were how will you assign a player to another player who wants to play. You need to think about how to divide your players into multiple groups of ratings, so that a newbie is not playing a grand master, rather with someone who is of his level only. Then the question was how will you design your system when a player comes in and say I want to play, and the max wait time is 1 min, you need to find a player suitable for his level and think about multiple race conditions.
This was DS round and I was asked two questions
Question 2: You are given 2 words with equal number of characters. Find an algorithm to go from first word to second word, changing one character at each step, in such a way that each intermediate word exist in a given dictionary.
Words are pit, map. A possible solution:
pit, pot, pet, met, mat, map
- Philips india interview experience
- Shell India Interview Experience
- Birst India Interview Experience
- SAP Labs India Interview Experience (On Campus)
- Nearbuy(Groupon India) Interview Experience | Set 2 (For SDE-1)
- Uber India Interview Experience | Set 1 (Off-Campus for SDE 1)
- ADP India Interview experience | Set 1 (For Member Technical)
- Oracle India Hyderabad Interview Experience
- Interview experience at "Infinera Bangalore India"
- SAP Labs, India Internship Interview Experience (On Campus)
- Bank of America (BA) Continuum India Pvt Ltd. Interview Experience
- Interview Experience with Deloitte (TTL) US-INDIA FAS Hyderabad |Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Microsoft Office India Interview experience | Set 170 (2 Years Exp)
- WM Global Technology Services India Interview Experience
- Oracle India Pvt. Ltd. Interview Experience | Set 68 (For Server Technology)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.