This was on HLD, I was asked a question on how to design an online chess game. The questions asked were how will you assign a player to another player who wants to play. You need to think about how to divide your players into multiple groups of ratings, so that a newbie is not playing a grand master, rather with someone who is of his level only. Then the question was how will you design your system when a player comes in and say I want to play, and the max wait time is 1 min, you need to find a player suitable for his level and think about multiple race conditions.
This was DS round and I was asked two questions
Question 2: You are given 2 words with equal number of characters. Find an algorithm to go from first word to second word, changing one character at each step, in such a way that each intermediate word exist in a given dictionary.
Words are pit, map. A possible solution:
pit, pot, pet, met, mat, map
- Shell India Interview Experience
- Shell India Interview Experience (IT)
- Accolite India Interview Experience
- Birst India Interview Experience
- Philips india interview experience
- Kony India Interview Experience
- Interview experience at "Infinera Bangalore India"
- SAP Labs India Interview Experience (On Campus)
- ADP India Interview experience | Set 1 (For Member Technical)
- Nearbuy(Groupon India) Interview Experience | Set 2 (For SDE-1)
- Uber India Interview Experience | Set 1 (Off-Campus for SDE 1)
- Oracle India Hyderabad Interview Experience
- Microsoft Office India Interview experience | Set 170 (2 Years Exp)
- SAP Labs, India Internship Interview Experience (On Campus)
- Bank of America (BA) Continuum India Pvt Ltd. Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.