Amazon 6M Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
There was a total of 3 rounds of interviews. One online test and 2 technical interview rounds
Online Coding Round:
- 7 easy debugging questions related to algorithms to be done in 20 minutes.
- 2 coding questions with varying difficulty of medium to hard be solved in 70 minutes. I was given the following two problems:
- Least Number of Unique Integers after k-removals.
- A variation of Minimum cost to connect all cities.
- Questions based on behavior and work style. It takes about 20 minutes.
- 24 reasoning questions to be solved in 35 minutes.
Interview Round 1: The interview was conducted on the Amazon Chime Platform, and it took about 1hour 20mins. The interview started with a basic self-introduction and then the interviewer gave me 2 DSA problems to solve.
- Given a shell command to execute print what will be the directory path. [Hint: An easy stack-based implementation ]
- I solved both questions and was selected for Round 2 (around 30 people out of 100 moved to round 2).
Interview Round 2: The interview was conducted on the Amazon Chime Platform, and it took about 1hour. The interview started with a basic self-introduction and then the interviewer gave me 2 DSA problems to solve. After that I was asked questions from my resume, projects for about 5 minutes.
- I was able to solve both questions optimally, however, for the 2nd question the interviewer asked to implement the lower and upper bound functions from scratch. I was unable to implement them, unfortunately.
Finally, 16 people out of 30 from Round 2 were selected for 6M intern and I was unfortunately not among them.
[Note: They often ask to implement algorithms like Sort, Binary Search, Lower/Upper Bound from scratch so make sure you are thorough with all the implementation. ]