One more drawback in the previous method finding DBA from IP address is that if we have to find only DBA of the network and not Net Id of the network but by using that method DBA of the network can’t be obtained without finding Net Id of the network.
In this approach we will use shortcut approach for finding the both NetId and DBA. Using this approach we can find the DBA of the network without finding the Net Id of the network. On thing common is both approach is that we need to find which class IP address belongs.
Every IP address has :-
1. Net bits 2. Host bits
- Approach for finding Net ID – For a Net Id, host bits are all zeros.
- Approach for finding DBA – For a DBA, host bits are all ones.
IP = 184.108.40.206
This belongs to class B.
In class B, 16 bits are net bits and 16 bits are host bits.
Net Id = 220.127.116.11 DBA = 18.104.22.168
IP = 22.214.171.124
This belongs to class A.
In class A, 8 bits are net bits and 24 bits are host bits.
Net Id = 126.96.36.199 DBA = 188.8.131.52
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Finding DBA from given IP address
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- Difference between 3-address instruction and 1-address instruction
- Difference between 3-address instruction and 0-address instruction
- Difference between 3-address instruction and 2-address instructions
- Difference between 2-address instruction and 1-address instructions
- Java program to find IP address of your computer
- C Program to find IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway
- How DHCP server dynamically assigns IP address to a host?
- Program to determine class, Network and Host ID of an IPv4 address
- Types of Network Address Translation (NAT)
- How Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) works?
- Introduction of MAC Address in Computer Network
- C Program to display hostname and IP address
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Address Resolution in DNS (Domain Name Server)
- Computer Organization | Instruction Formats (Zero, One, Two and Three Address Instruction)
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.