Round 1: Online test – Technical (60 min test, 2 questions)
The test was conducted on HackerRank.
- There are N palaces and M tunnels connecting different palaces. M tunnels are input as a tuple of three integers (Ai, Bi, Ri) for i from 1 to M which means there is a tunnel of distance Ri connecting palaces Ai and Bi. Determine whether all N palaces can be connected by some set of tunnels such that total distance covered is minimum. The question asked to print “YES” if such minimum path exists, “NO” otherwise. Solution was just to check if all palaces (nodes) are connected starting from any node using DFS.
- There are N palaces and M tunnels connecting different palaces. Determine if there exists a sub-graph of size at least K such that all nodes in that sub-graph are connected. Question asked to print the size of maximum such sub-graph, else 0 if it doesn’t exists. I couldn’t solve it completely, but the solution was probably Union-find algorithm to find all connected components. I tried to solve it using DFS, but some test cases were failing and then the time ran out.
Round 2: Codepair round
- Got a call on telephone.
- Questions about projects I have worked on.
- Gave a question to read data via sockets and manage writing data 50 bytes at a time – involved buffer management.
I asked the recruiter after few days about the status. He told me I was not shortlisted for further rounds.
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- MindTickle Interview Experience | Off-campus | Fresher( 0-Yr Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.