Airtel Payments Bank Interview Experience for FTE | On-Campus 2020
Airtel Payments Bank visited our campus on 10th September 2020 for the position of Software Developer at Gurgaon Location. There were 3 rounds for selection in the company. The CGPA cutoff was 7 and only CS/IT branches were allowed to apply for the test. Around 200 students gave the first round -online test.
Round 1(Online Test): The first round was an online test conducted on Amcat which comprised of 3 sections that had to be solved in a duration of 1hr 30 min (90 mins total). Overall there were 30 MCQs and 2coding questions.
- Section 1: There were 14 logical reasoning MCQs which had to be solved in 14 minutes. The section was easy and consisted of questions based on figures, directions, calendars, blood relations, directions, clocks, etc.
- Section 2: There were 16 Quantitative aptitude MCQs (Maths based) which had to be solved in 16 minutes. The section was easy and consisted of maths questions based on simple and compound interest, investments, profit and loss, probability, permutations, mixtures, and number systems.
- Section 3: This section had to be solved in 60 minutes and consisted of 2 coding questions. The questions were medium in level. A similar level of questions can be practiced from GFG and leetcode.
Tips: Try to solve maximum MCQs correctly and at least 1 coding question correctly.
After the first round, 9 students including me were shortlisted for the next round which was an interview round.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round-1): This round was a technical interview round. There were 2 interviewers. The interviewer asked me to give a brief introduction about myself. I started my introduction by telling most of the things that were written on my CV. Then the first interviewer asked me the following questions:
- What is a job Scheduling algorithm? I explained to him about the algorithm and how it works.
- Then he asked me to write the complete code along with an explanation of each step.
- Then finally we had some discussions over the time and space complexity of the problem.
- Then he asked the difference between MongoDB and SQL?
Then he started some discussions on DBMS.
- What are ACID properties? Explain them.
- For a social networking site like Facebook and Instagram, what is the difference between creating a post and commenting on a post? (The answer had to be given in terms of database tables and relationship between tables )
- Then following that he asked me to write a SQL query to retrieve all followers of a user on Instagram.
- Then he asked me to write a SQL query to find the second highest salary in the database.
Then the second interviewer asked a very interesting question that Facebook has so many users. Then there would be so much traffic and load over the servers. Then how do Facebook servers manage to give a response to a request in very little time( almost seconds)? The answer was related to the scalability of servers and load balancing. He was satisfied with my answer. Then after answering this question he asked some follow up questions:
- What is Scalability? What are its advantages?
- What is the difference between horizontal and vertical scalability? Which one do you think is better.
After that, the second interviewer asked another interesting question that Twitter has users all over the world. So if a popular celebrity makes a tweet from the USA then how does the tweet reach his followers all over the world in seconds. Even though he guided me that the answer was somewhat related to scalability and caching I was not able to give a fully correct answer to this question.
Tips:– Be thorough with your resume, core computer science subjects, and system design.
After this round, 8 students including me were shortlisted for the next round which was another Technical round.
Round 3(Technical+HR Round): In this round, there was a single interviewer. The interviewer asked me to give a brief introduction about myself. Then he asked me to show him my coding profiles on different coding platforms like Hackerrank, Leetcode, Codechef. I shared all the links with him at the zoom meeting. Then he asked me about one of my course project which was on software-based networks? He then asked about the concept behind it and how we got the idea for the same. Then he asked some computer network questions related to protocols, layers, etc. Then post that he asked the following questions:
- Why do you want to join Airtel Payments Bank? What do you look up to when you join any company?
- What are your hobbies apart from academics? Then we had some discussion on cricket.
- What motivates you to be in this software industry?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years? Do you have any further education plans?
Finally, the company selected 2 students including me from the campus. I was really happy and would like to thank GfG for helping me out throughout my placement journey.