AIP or Adaptive Internet Protocol can be classified as a multi-channel protocol that permits various applications running on different platforms to be displayed extensively on various client systems. It builds a bridge for existing IP networks to meet future network architecture needs. It has a variety of display and input services. It also supports printing facility, audio, and device mapping services.
- AIP follows layer 3-oriented network architecture.
- It supports colors of up to 24-bit i.e., it provides a palette of 16.7 million colors.
- It provides a 256-bit encryption facility via Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption algorithm.
- It provides security for transport layer.
- It provides Audio support i.e. audio programs running on remote servers can be redirected to local computers by users.
- It provides file system redirection facility i.e. files can be run on remote computers without involving use of a terminal session.
- It provides facility of printer redirection which permits users to use their local printer within application session as they would with a locally or network shared printer.
- It provides facility of port redirection that allows applications running within terminal session can access local serial ports directly.
- It allows sharing of clipboard between remote computer and local computer.
- AIP supports remote display of various applications to same client at same time.
- AIP delivers applications running on UNIX, Windows, and other platforms and associated device services needed by these platforms.
- A firewall-friendly approach is used to configure protocol.
- Since virtual display layer and application layer are separated from each other, AIP provides greater security and mobility levels.
- Dynamic monitoring of performance makes AIP, an adaptive protocol.
- Communication between client and server is handled by Telemetry built into protocol, which advises best communication methods to Server.
- It provides optimal network performance to clients and can handle varying bandwidth conditions.
- License for using AIP needs to be bought.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.