AIP or Adaptive Internet Protocol can be classified as a multi-channel protocol that permits various applications running on different platforms to be displayed extensively on various client systems. It builds a bridge for existing IP networks to meet future network architecture needs. It has a variety of display and input services. It also supports printing facility, audio, and device mapping services.
- AIP follows layer 3-oriented network architecture.
- It supports colors of up to 24-bit i.e., it provides a palette of 16.7 million colors.
- It provides a 256-bit encryption facility via Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption algorithm.
- It provides security for transport layer.
- It provides Audio support i.e. audio programs running on remote servers can be redirected to local computers by users.
- It provides file system redirection facility i.e. files can be run on remote computers without involving use of a terminal session.
- It provides facility of printer redirection which permits users to use their local printer within application session as they would with a locally or network shared printer.
- It provides facility of port redirection that allows applications running within terminal session can access local serial ports directly.
- It allows sharing of clipboard between remote computer and local computer.
- AIP supports remote display of various applications to same client at same time.
- AIP delivers applications running on UNIX, Windows, and other platforms and associated device services needed by these platforms.
- A firewall-friendly approach is used to configure protocol.
- Since virtual display layer and application layer are separated from each other, AIP provides greater security and mobility levels.
- Dynamic monitoring of performance makes AIP, an adaptive protocol.
- Communication between client and server is handled by Telemetry built into protocol, which advises best communication methods to Server.
- It provides optimal network performance to clients and can handle varying bandwidth conditions.
- License for using AIP needs to be bought.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.