Advantages and disadvantages of Wireless Communication
Interconnection of systems, people or things with the help of a communication media can be referred as network. The type of communication in which use electromagnetic waves as communication media for transmitting and receiving data or voice is called wireless communication. The electromagnetic spectrum is divided into well-defined channel for data transmission. Advantages :
- Freedom from wires : Can be configured with the use of any physical connection.
- Easy to setup : Wireless network is easy to expand and setup
- Better or global coverage : It provides global reach by providing networking in places such as rural areas, battlefield, etc… where wiring is not feasible.
- Flexibility : Wireless network is more flexible and adaptable compared to wired network.
- Cost-effectiveness : Since it is easy to install and doesn’t require cables, wireless network is relatively cheaper.
- Mobile and portable : Wireless network is easy to carry and re-install in another place.
- Mobility -: It has good mobility of usage.
- As communication is done through open space, it is less secure.
- More open to interference.
- Increased chance of jamming.
- Transmission speed is comparably less.
- it has a limited amount of bandwidth for communication and breaches of network security.
- Wireless networks can be easily hacked.
- Wireless networks require a careful radio frequency when they are installing.
Applications of Wireless Communication :
- Satellite system
- Television remote control
- Paging system
- Security systems
- Computer interface devices