Advantages and disadvantages of Wireless Communication
The interconnection of systems, people, or things with the help of a communication media can be referred to as a network. The type of communication which use electromagnetic waves as communication media for transmitting and receiving data or voice is called wireless communication. The electromagnetic spectrum is divided into a well-defined channel for data transmission.
- Freedom from wires: Can be configured with the use of any physical connection.
- Easy to setup: Wireless network is easy to expand and setup
- Better or global coverage: It provides global reach by providing networking in places such as rural areas, battlefields, etc… where wiring is not feasible.
- Flexibility: Wireless network is more flexible and adaptable compared to a wired network.
- Cost-effectiveness: Since it is easy to install and doesn’t require cables, the wireless network is relatively cheaper.
- Mobile and portable: Wireless network is easy to carry and re-install in another place.
- Mobility -: It has good mobility of usage.
- Data transmission is fast: In wireless network data transmission is fast.
- Low maintenance: In any wireless communication low maintenance cost.
- It can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. for ex. professional can complete their work from remote location.
- Network planning: Network planning in wireless communication is vey easy as compare to wired network due to wireless software configuration of frequency, power and other parameter.
- Expandable: Wireless networks can serve a large number of client without resorting the new hardware.
- As communication is done through open space, it is less secure.
- More open to interference.
- Increased chance of jamming.
- Transmission speed is comparably less.
- it has a limited amount of bandwidth for communication and breaches of network security.
- Wireless networks can be easily hacked.
- Wireless networks require a careful radio frequency when they are installed.
- Wireless networks are usually inexpensive, but the cost of installation is very high, setting up a wireless network is very costly.
- Difficult to set up little experience people.
Applications of Wireless Communication :
- Satellite system
- Television remote control
- Paging system
- Security systems
- Computer interface devices
- Accessing the internet.
- For locating and tracing someone.
- Wireless power transfer.
Unlock the Power of Placement Preparation!
Feeling lost in OS, DBMS, CN, SQL, and DSA chaos? Our Complete Interview Preparation
Course is the ultimate guide to conquer placements. Trusted by over 100,000+ geeks, this course is your roadmap to interview triumph.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our Complete Interview Preparation