Satellite communication is an electronic communication package placed in an orbit. Its prime objective is to initiate or assist through space. It has made a major contribution to the pattern of international communication.
The satellite microwave is basically a microwave relay station in space. It uses a geosynchronous satellite to relay the radio signal transmitted from the ground station. For communication signals, these satellites act as relay stations. From the earth station, the satellite accepts data/signals, amplifies them, and re-transmit them to another earth station. Data can be transmitted to the other side of the earth using such a setup in only one step. Most companies that use satellite microwave lease access to the satellites for an exorbitant fee. Satellite communication has a number of advantages: Advantages :
Satellite communication has a number of advantages:
- Design, development, investment and insurance of satellite requires higher cost.
- To reach the satellite from Earth, time can vary between 270 milliseconds and return again to 320 milliseconds. This propagation delay can cause an echo over telephone connections
- Satellites are not easy to repair and maintain.
- Some circumstances like weather or sunspots affect the satellite’s signal and can cause interference and make proper operation of the satellite very difficult.
- It requires to be monitored and controlled on regular periods so that it remains in the orbit, once it has been launched.