Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology is very famous nowadays (2020). This is because of the increasing usage of 4G smartphones that use this technology. LTE is the project name given to development of a high performance air interface for cellular mobile communication systems. It is used for advancing series of mobile telecommunications systems. It is a high-speed data network. It is the fastest wireless network for smartphones and mobile devices.
- Data as well as voice can be exchanged between participants. This is because LTE supports packet switching.
- High amounts of data can be transferred between the sender and the receiver.
- All data exchange occurs with very less power consumption. This leads to better life of the smartphone batteries.
- It has high speed of the file upload and download.
- It releases the network usage faster. This decreases the load on the network.
- This decreases the traffic and moves towards lesser crashes in the service.
- Live shows, matches and events can be easily watched using LTE.
- This service is not currently available in all cities.
- More towers and fresh technologies need to be developed for better signals while in transit e.g., in buses and trains.
- LTE being complex needs only skilled people to manage the system. They even need to be paid a higher salary.
- This technology cannot be used in old versions of smartphones.
- Buying new smartphones for LTE is a costly affair.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Advantages and disadvantages of Remote Communication Technology
- 25 Facts about LTE Technology
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Subnetting
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer Networking
- Advantages and disadvantages of Wireless Communication
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Satellite Communication
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ring topology
- Advantages and disadvantages of Ethernet
- Advantages and Disadvantages of WLAN
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hybrid Topology
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Bus Topology
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Star Topology
- Difference between LTE and CDMA
- Difference between LTE and VoLTE
- Difference between GSM and LTE
- Difference between WiMax and LTE
- Evolution of Networks
- What is EDGE(Enhanced Data Rate for GSM Evolution)?
- Evolution of Cloud Computing
- Evolution of Network Architecture
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.