Prerequisite – Types of Network Topology
Hybrid Topology :
Firstly before going to topic, we saw that a topology may be a connection of varied links and nodes, communicating with one another for transfer of knowledge. During this process sort of topology we combine two or more different topologies to make a resultant topology which has good points(as well as weaknesses) of all constituent basic topologies instead of having characteristics of only one specific topology. this mix of topologies is completed consistent with the wants of organization. Eg for instance if in a office in one of department ring topology is employed and in another star topology is employed, connecting these topologies will end in Hybrid Topology (ring topology and star topology).
Advantages of Hybrid Topology :
- This type of topology combines the benefits of different types of topologies in one topology.
- Can be modified as per requirement.
- It is extremely flexible.
- It is very reliable.
- It is easily scalable as Hybrid networks are built in a fashion which enables for easy integration of new hardware components.
- Error detecting and trouble shooting is easy.
- Handles large volume of traffic.
- It is used for create large network.
Disadvantages of Hybrid Topology :
- It is a type of network expensive.
- Design of a hybrid network is very complex.
- There is change hardware in order to connect topology with another topology.
- Usually hybrid architectures are usually larger in scales so they requires a lot of cables in installation process.
- Hubs which are used to connect two distinct networks, are very costly. And hubs are different from usual hubs as they need to be intelligent enough to work with different architectures.
- Installation is a difficult process.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.