Advantages and disadvantages of Computer
Computer is a programmed device with a group of instructions to perform specific tasks and generate results at a really high speed. A Computer is an machine that can solve difficult and different problems, process data, store & retrieve data and perform calculations faster and accurately as compared from humans.
The literal meaning of computer may be a device which will calculate.
However, modern computers can do tons quite calculate. Computer can be defined as a machine which receives input stores it and then process the stored data as per the instructions given by the user of the computer and finally gives the output as required.
Derived from Dictionary word means “to calculate”.
- An Electronic Machine
- Takes data as Input
- Stores data
- Process data
- Generates Information as Output
- Computer is an machine that’s designed to figure with Information.
- The term computer springs from the Latin term ‘computare’, this suggests to calculate or programmable machine.
- Computer can not do anything without a Program.
- The Word ‘Computer’ means to the middle Processor Unit plus Internal memory.
Advantages of Computer :
- Multitasking- Multitasking is one among the main advantage of computer. Person can do multiple task, multiple operation at a same time, calculate numerical problems within few seconds. Computer can perform millions or trillions of work in one second.
- Speed – Now computer isn’t just a calculating device. Now a day’s computer has vital role in human life. One of the most advantages of computer is its incredible speed, which helps human to finish their task in few seconds.
- Cost/ Stores huge – Amount of knowledge it’s a coffee cost solution. Person can save huge data within a coffee budget. Centralized database of storing information is that the major advantage which will reduce cost.
- Accuracy – One among the basis advantage of computer is which will perform not only calculations but also with accuracy.
- Data Security – Protecting digital data is understood as data security.
- Task completer – Completes tasks that might be impossible for humans to complete.
- Communication – Computer helps the user in better understanding and communication with the other devices.
- Productivity – The level of productivity gets automatically doubled as the computer can done the work at very fast.
- Reduces work load – Information are often accessed by more than one person with the necessity for work to be duplicated.
- Reliability – Computers can perform same sort of work repeatedly without throwing up errors thanks to tiredness or boredom, which are quite common among humans.
- Storage – The pc has an in-built memory where it can store an outsized amount of knowledge . You can also store data in auxiliary storage devices.
Disadvantages of computer :
- Virus and hacking attacks – Virus may be a worm and hacking is just an unauthorized access over computer for a few illicit purpose. Virus can go to other system from email attachment, viewing an infected website advertisement, through removable device like USB etc.
- Online Cyber Crimes – Online cyber-crime means computer and network may have utilized in order to commit crime. Cyberstalking and fraud are the points which comes under online cyber-crimes.
- Reduction employed opportunity – Mainly past generation wasn’t used of the pc or they need the knowledge of computer they faced an enormous problem when computer came in field.
- High cost – Computers are expensive. Even the foremost affordable computers are still very expensive for the typical person in South Africa. Since computers empower people.
- Distractions/disruptions – If you’ve got ever spent hours browsing the web or watching videos on YouTube, then you recognize how distracting computers can be! Because of their high entertainment value.
- Increases waste and impacts the environment – With the speed that computers and other electronics get replaced, all of the old devices that get thrown away have a big impact on the environment.
- Health Problems: – Prolonged use of computers can lead to various health Hazards. Too much sitting near the screen results in eye strain and drying up of the eyes. Also, prolonged sitting leads to neck and back problems.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...