What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence refers to the simulation of human intelligence in a machine that is programmed to think like humans. The idea of artificial intelligence initially begins by the computer scientist from 1943 to 1956. A model proposed by Alan Turing which is known as the Turing test. A Turing test is an algorithm that computes the data similar to human nature and behavior for proper response.
Since this Turing test proposed by Alan Turing which plays one of the most important roles in the development of artificial intelligence, So Alan Turing is known as the father of artificial intelligence. This test is based on the principle of human intelligence defined by a machine and execute the task simpler than the human.
The goal of artificial intelligence includes learning, reasoning, and Perception. As technology advances the machine that calculates basic operation recognized by a specific type of system which requires a machine to optimize through embodied artificial intelligence. So we can say that artificial intelligence is beneficial for different industries where machines are wired for performing complex tasks with the help of artificial intelligence. The artificial intelligence approaches also in mathematics, computer science, linguistics, psychology, space science and so more.
Advantages and Disadvantages of AI
|Advantages of artificial intelligence||Disadvantages of artificial intelligence|
|1. It defines a more powerful and more useful computers||1. The implementation cost of AI is very high.|
|2. It introduces a new and improved interface for human interaction.||2. The difficulties with software development for AI implementation are that the development of software is slow and expensive. Few efficient programmers are available to develop software to implement artificial intelligence.|
|3. It introduces a new technique to solve new problems.||3. A robot is one of the implementations of Artificial intelligence with them replacing jobs and lead to serve unemployment.|
|4. It handles the information better than humans.||4. Machines can easily lead to destruction if the implementation of machine put in the wrong hands the results are hazardous for human beings.|
|5. It is very helpful for the conversion of information into knowledge.|
|6. It improves work efficiency so reduce the duration of time to accomplish a task in comparison to humans.|
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence
- Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- 8 Best Topics for Research and Thesis in Artificial Intelligence
- What is Bipolar Disorder and How Can Artificial Intelligence Help in Detecting it?
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning(ML) Transforming Endpoint Security?
- How Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Will Impact Global Industries in 2020?
- The State of Artificial Intelligence in India and How Far is Too Far?
- Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- Turing Test in Artificial Intelligence
- Chinese Room Argument in Artificial Intelligence
- Top 5 best Programming Languages for Artificial Intelligence field
- Introduction to Hill Climbing | Artificial Intelligence
- Agents in Artificial Intelligence
- Impacts of Artificial Intelligence in everyday life
- Game Playing in Artificial Intelligence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.