Adobe Interview Experience (SheCodes 2020) | Product Intern
Round 1 (Online Test) :
The online test was divided into 4 sections:
- Cognitive Assessment (20 Q, 20 min): Questions based on comprehension, basic grammar, logical aptitude, and numerical aptitude.
- Technical Assessment(20 Q, 20 min): CS fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, OOPs, DBMS, OS, and Computer Networks.
- Coding Assessment (2 Q, 60 min): Questions similar to this –
- Count the number of ways the person can climb up to m stairs if he/she can climb all possible number of stairs lesser than equal to n from present stair: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/count-ways-to-reach-the-nth-stair-1587115620/1
- Count occurrences of a word in a given string: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-occurrences-of-a-word-in-string/
- Gamified Assessment (3 tasks, 23 min): Memory-based and other mind games.
Round 2 (Interview) :
Duration: 1 hr
The interview started with “Tell me about yourself” followed by an elaborate discussion on the recent position I had on my resume and the projects mentioned.
After that, she moved on to asking fundamental questions like:
- What are dangling pointers? : https://www.javatpoint.com/dangling-pointers-in-c
- Why do we use extern keyword? : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/understanding-extern-keyword-in-c/
- How to declare array of pointers?: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-pointer-to-an-array-and-array-of-pointers/
- Pointer to an array: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_pointer_to_an_array.htm
- Create a variable dynamically. Where is dynamically and statically allocated memory stored? : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/what-is-dynamic-memory-allocation/
- What do you mean by BST?
- How to find the height of BST?
- What are linked lists?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of linked lists over other data structures?
Then I was asked 3 coding questions: (for each question we had a discussion on the time complexity too)
- Merge two sorted arrays with O(1) extra space: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/merge-two-sorted-arrays-1587115620/1
- Reverse an array in groups of given size: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/reverse-array-in-groups0255/1
- Reverse a linked list: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/reverse-a-linked-list/1 (To this, I gave an iterative solution)