Adobe Interview Experience (SheCodes 2020) | Product Intern
Round 1 (Online Test) :
The online test was divided into 4 sections:
- Cognitive Assessment (20 Q, 20 min): Questions based on comprehension, basic grammar, logical aptitude, and numerical aptitude.
- Technical Assessment(20 Q, 20 min): CS fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, OOPs, DBMS, OS, and Computer Networks.
- Coding Assessment (2 Q, 60 min): Questions similar to this –
- Count the number of ways the person can climb up to m stairs if he/she can climb all possible number of stairs lesser than equal to n from present stair: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/count-ways-to-reach-the-nth-stair-1587115620/1
- Count occurrences of a word in a given string: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-occurrences-of-a-word-in-string/
- Gamified Assessment (3 tasks, 23 min): Memory-based and other mind games.
Round 2 (Interview) :
Duration: 1 hr
The interview started with “Tell me about yourself” followed by an elaborate discussion on the recent position I had on my resume and the projects mentioned.
After that, she moved on to asking fundamental questions like:
- What are dangling pointers? : https://www.javatpoint.com/dangling-pointers-in-c
- Why do we use extern keyword? : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/understanding-extern-keyword-in-c/
- How to declare array of pointers?: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-pointer-to-an-array-and-array-of-pointers/
- Pointer to an array: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_pointer_to_an_array.htm
- Create a variable dynamically. Where is dynamically and statically allocated memory stored? : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/what-is-dynamic-memory-allocation/
- What do you mean by BST?
- How to find the height of BST?
- What are linked lists?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of linked lists over other data structures?
Then I was asked 3 coding questions: (for each question we had a discussion on the time complexity too)
- Merge two sorted arrays with O(1) extra space: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/merge-two-sorted-arrays-1587115620/1
- Reverse an array in groups of given size: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/reverse-array-in-groups0255/1
- Reverse a linked list: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/reverse-a-linked-list/1 (To this, I gave an iterative solution)
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!