Adobe Interview Experience | 4 Years Experienced
Round 1(Technical Round): It is purely technical round. It consists of two problem-solving questions and some OS-related questions.
- Virtual Memory concepts
- Page Table and TLB concepts
Round 2(Technical Round): The interviewer is very friendly. We had a talk about 10-15 mins about projects and WFH concepts.
Then he moves to problem-solving.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/detect-cycle-in-a-graph. Since it was a straightforward question then I directly discuss the approach with them, Then they asked that whether you solved this question previously. I said yes, then he moves to the next question.
- Some questions about smart pointers and he asked me to implement a generic unique pointer class with all supported functionality.
I stuck in move constructors and copy constructors but was able to clear this round.
Round 3(Hiring Manager Round): She is a very nice person. We started with our introduction and what kind of project I did, and some WfH related questions.
Then she moved to the DSA.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-19-poison-and-rat/. I already know this puzzle, I directly told them I know the solution, then she was very happy with my honesty and move to the next questions.
- Given a large database of strings and we have to find the frequency of each unique string.
Approach 1: We can use HashMap to get the frequency and return the result. but it is not optimal in terms of space.
Approcah 2: Trie Data-structure.
She convinces my approach and data structure but she wants to improve the Trie creation time and how to handle multiple concurrent queries.
I tell her about threading concepts with a locking mechanism to avoid concurrent writes and also I explain about HLD to optimize the calls using the Cache mechanism. She was convinced of my approach.
Round 4(Director Round): He is a very humble person, starts with introduction and project relation questions.
- Why do you want to switch your company?
- What are your strengths and weak points?
- Where do you see yourself in the coming years?
- Questions regarding projects.
- Design a Twitter kind of system that detects any kind of hate txt, image, and video. As I have an AI background, I started with NLP and AI models. I think he is looking for some conventional method, but when I started discussing it, then he looks more interested in it, Then we had a lot of discussion on how we can train the model and inference then model, How we can classify and label the data and how we can get the max accuracy.
- Then he asks about how do you update yourself on new technologies.
Thanks a lot, GeeksforGeeks for very helpful resources.