Admin-Scanner – Find Admin Panel Of Any Website By Using Custom Wordlist
Admin or Administrators is the role with the highest privilege or highest level of access to your website or domain. Administrators can add content on all pages and access all items in the specified Admin Toolbar or page, which means that admins can control-wide settings like the design of tour websites or the database configuration. Admins can add and delete other admin users and approve or reject other users’ edits on the domain.
Note: Make Sure You have Python Installed on your System, as Admin-Scanner is a python-based tool. Click to Install: Python Installation Steps on Linux
What is Admin-Scanner Tool?
Admin-Scanner is an automated python language script that can detect the admin pages on the target domain. If you are an attacker and trying to penetrate the domain, these admin pages can help you. If you find any misconfigured admin page, you can easily be the domain administrator and make changes as per your choice. Admin-Scanner tool provides you with inbuilt wordlists, which are brute-forced on the target domain to detect admin pages.
Features of Admin-Scanner Tool
- Admin-Scanner is open-source and free to use.
- Admin-Scanner is Python language-based tool.
- Admin-Scanner is an automated tool for finding admin pages.
- Admin-Scanner provides the feature to customize and use wordlists.
- Admin-Scanner provides the feature to set the value of the thread for efficient usage.
- Admin-Scanner is easy to use.
Flags or Tags Available
- -site <url of website> – Specifying URL of Target Domain
- –proxy <protocol>-<proxyserverip:port> – Scanning for Admin Panel using Proxy Server
- –t <second(s)> – Time delay for a thread to scan (To prevent from getting HTTP 508)
- –w <path/of/custom/wordlist> – Providing Custom Wordlists.
Installation of Admin-Scanner Tool in Kali Linux OS
Step 1: Check whether Python Environment is Established or not, use the following command.
Step 2: Fire up your Kali Linux terminal and move to Desktop using the following command.
Step 3: You are on Desktop now create a new directory called Admin-Scanner using the following command. In this directory, we will complete the installation of the Admin-Scanner tool.
Step 4: Now switch to the Admin-Scanner directory using the following command.
Step 5: Now you have to install the tool. You have to clone the tool from Github.
git clone https://github.com/alienwhatever/Admin-Scanner.git
Step 6: The tool has been downloaded successfully in the Admin-Scanner directory. Now list out the contents of the tool by using the below command.
Step 7: You can observe that there is a new directory created of the Admin-Scanner tool that has been generated while we were installing the tool. Now move to that directory using the below command:
Step 8: Once again to discover the contents of the tool, use the below command.
Step 9: Now we are done with our installation, Use the below command to view the help (gives a better understanding of tool) index of the tool.
Working with Admin-Scanner Tool
Example 1: Simple Scan (Single Domain)
python3 scan.py -site https://geeksforgeeks.org
1. In this example, we are detecting admin panels or admin web pages on a single target domain which is geeksforgeeks.org.
2. In the below Screenshot, we are trying to access one of the admin panel of geeksforgeeks.org/superuser, but we are getting the message of Access Denied, it means that only Administrator has access to this panel
Example 2: Using Time Delay for Thread Scan
python3 scan.py -site https://geeksforgeeks.org --t 1
1. In this example, we are specifying the Time delay for a thread to scan using the –t tag.
Example 3: Multiple Target Domain
python3 scan.py -site https://geeksforgeeks.org https://google.com
1. In this example, we are searching for Admin Panels on multiple target domains. In the below Screenshot our targets are geeksforgeeks.org and google.com. So First we will get the admin panels of geeksforgeeks.org.
2. In the below Screenshot, we are getting the admin panelist for our next target domain i.e google.com
Example 4: Using Custom Wordlists
python3 scan.py -site https://geeksforgeeks.org --w custom_wordlist
1. In this example, we will be using our own custom wordlist for admin panel scanning. So in the below screenshot, we have the text file named custom_wordlist.txt which we will be using for the scanning with the help of the –w tag.
2. In the below screenshot, we can see that Admin Pages are detected by brute-forcing custom_wordlist.txt which we have specified using the –w tag.
Please Login to comment...