abline() function in R Language is used to add one or more straight lines to a graph. The
abline() function can be used to add vertical, horizontal or regression lines to plot.
abline(a=NULL, b=NULL, h=NULL, v=NULL, …)
a, b: It specifies the intercept and the slope of the line
h: specifies y-value for horizontal line(s)
v: specifies x-value(s) for vertical line(s)
Returns: a straight line in the plot
Example 1: To add a vertical line to the plot
Here, in above example straight line is added using abline() to different graphical plots
Example 2: To add a horizontal line
In above example
abline() Function draws an horizontal line on the current plot at the specified ‘x’ coordinates.
Example 3: To add a regression line
In the above example, straight-line is added using the line equation and
abline() function and plot relation between speed and distance.
- Addition of Lines to a Plot in R Programming - lines() Function
- Set Aspect Ratio of Scatter Plot and Bar Plot in R Programming - Using asp in plot() Function
- Adding axis to a Plot in R programming - axis () Function
- Read Lines from a File in R Programming - readLines() Function
- Addition of more points to a Plot in R Programming - points() Function
- Add Color Between Two Points of Kernel Density Plot in R Programming - Using with() Function
- Plot Arrows Between Points in a Graph in R Programming - arrows() Function
- Plot a Geometric Distribution Graph in R Programming - dgeom() Function
- Draw a Quantile-Quantile Plot in R Programming - qqline() Function
- Create a Plot Matrix of Scatterplots in R Programming - pairs() Function
- Plotting of Data using Generic plots in R Programming - plot() Function
- Adding Noise to a Numeric Vector in R Programming - jitter() Function
- Adding Text to Plots in R programming - text() and mtext () Function
- Adding elements in a vector in R programming - append() method
- Adding Colors to Charts in R Programming
- Check if a Function is a Primitive Function in R Programming - is.primitive() Function
- Compute Density of the Distribution Function in R Programming - dunif() Function
- Apply a Function over a List of elements in R Programming - lapply() Function
- Search the Interval for Minimum and Maximum of the Function in R Programming - optimize() Function
- Compute the Natural Logarithm of the Absolute Value of Gamma Function in R Programming - lgamma() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.