What is a pie chart?
A pie chart (or a circle chart) is a circular statistical graphic which is divided into slices to illustrate numerical proportion. In a pie chart, the arc length of each slice (and consequently its central angle and area), is proportional to the quantity it represents. While it is named for its resemblance to a pie which has been sliced, there are variations on the way it can be presented.
Applications of Pie chart
- Pie charts are generally used to show percentage or proportional data of sales of different items in a business.
- Used in elections to show percentage of votes each party has recieved.
- Used in surveys to depict no of items in each category.
- Broadly used in database and excel sheets.
Follow the steps to add a google pie chart on a webpage:
Step 1 : Start with a simple basic web page.
Add a “div” element with the id “piechart”:
Step 2 : Adding a reference
Add a reference to the Chart API at google.com.
Explanation : The below code is used to load Google charts :
The below code is used to draw a chart and set the user specific values for each division :
The code below is used to display the chart inside the “div” element with id=”piechart” :
To get a 3d pie chart, set “is3d” option to true :
- How To Add Google Translate Button On Your Webpage?
- How to Add Apple's new San Francisco font on a Webpage using CSS ?
- How to add a custom right-click menu to a webpage ?
- Reading selected webpage content using Python Web Scraping
- Reader's View of a GeeksforGeeks webpage
- How to redirect to another webpage in HTML?
- How to connect multiple MySQL databases on a single webpage ?
- How to get title of a webpage using Selenium in Python?
- How to click a button on webpage using selenium ?
- How To Add Google Maps With A Marker to a Website
- How to add Google map inside html page without using API key ?
- How to add Google map and Marker to your Application using AngularJS ?
- How to add custom google search bar inside your web-page?
- How to Add Google Locations Autocomplete to your Angular Application ?
- How to add Brand Image in New Google Sites ?
- How to add Announcement Banner in New Google Sites ?
- Download Anything to Google Drive using Google colab
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.