Pandas is basically the library in Python used for Data Analysis and Manipulation. To add a new Column in the data frame we have a variety of methods. But here in this post, we are discussing adding a new column by using the dictionary.
Let’s take Example!
data 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6
Now Using the above-written method lets try to add a new column to it. Let’s add the New columns named as “new_data_1”.
Map Function : Adding column “new_data_1” by giving the functionality of getting week name for the column named “data”. Call map and pass the dict, this will perform a lookup and return the associated value for that key.
Let’s Introduce variable week data typed as Dictionary that includes the name of days in the week.
data new_data_1 0 0 Sunday 1 1 Monday 2 2 Tuesday 3 3 Wednesday 4 4 Thursday 5 5 Friday 6 6 Saturday
And, we have successfully added a column (Sunday, Monday….) at the end.
- Get the data type of column in Pandas - Python
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
- Reshaping a Data Frame in Julia
- Creating a Data Frame from Vectors in R Programming
- Python - Column Maximum in Dictionary Value Matrix
- Python - Column Mapped Tuples to dictionary items
- How to calculate the Percentage of a column in Pandas ?
- Cumulative sum of a column in Pandas - Python
- Rename specific column(s) in Pandas
- Highlight the maximum value in each column in Pandas
- Create a pandas column using for loop
- Add column names to dataframe in Pandas
- How to get column names in Pandas dataframe
- Delete a column from a Pandas DataFrame
- Highlight the minimum value in each column In Pandas
- Convert a column to row name/index in Pandas
- How to add Empty Column to Dataframe in Pandas?
- Get a list of a specified column of a Pandas DataFrame
- Get the substring of the column in Pandas-Python
- Get a list of a particular column values of a Pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.