Pandas is basically the library in Python used for Data Analysis and Manipulation. To add a new Column in the data frame we have a variety of methods. But here in this post, we are discussing adding a new column by using the dictionary.
Let’s take Example!
data 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6
Now Using the above-written method lets try to add a new column to it. Let’s add the New columns named as “new_data_1”.
Map Function : Adding column “new_data_1” by giving the functionality of getting week name for the column named “data”. Call map and pass the dict, this will perform a lookup and return the associated value for that key.
Let’s Introduce variable week data typed as Dictionary that includes the name of days in the week.
data new_data_1 0 0 Sunday 1 1 Monday 2 2 Tuesday 3 3 Wednesday 4 4 Thursday 5 5 Friday 6 6 Saturday
And, we have successfully added a column (Sunday, Monday….) at the end.
- Create a pandas column using for loop
- How to get column names in Pandas dataframe
- Convert a column to row name/index in Pandas
- Formatting integer column of Dataframe in Pandas
- Split a column in Pandas dataframe and get part of it
- Get n-largest values from a particular column in Pandas DataFrame
- Get n-smallest values from a particular column in Pandas DataFrame
- Capitalize first letter of a column in Pandas dataframe
- Create a column using for loop in Pandas Dataframe
- Getting Unique values from a column in Pandas dataframe
- How to lowercase column names in Pandas dataframe
- Apply uppercase to a column in Pandas dataframe
- Get unique values from a column in Pandas DataFrame
- Adding new column to existing DataFrame in Pandas
- Creating a Pandas Series from Dictionary
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.