Pandas is basically the library in Python used for Data Analysis and Manipulation. To add a new Column in the data frame we have a variety of methods. But here in this post, we are discussing adding a new column by using the dictionary.
Let’s take Example!
data 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6
Now Using the above-written method lets try to add a new column to it. Let’s add the New columns named as “new_data_1”.
Map Function : Adding column “new_data_1” by giving the functionality of getting week name for the column named “data”. Call map and pass the dict, this will perform a lookup and return the associated value for that key.
Let’s Introduce variable week data typed as Dictionary that includes the name of days in the week.
data new_data_1 0 0 Sunday 1 1 Monday 2 2 Tuesday 3 3 Wednesday 4 4 Thursday 5 5 Friday 6 6 Saturday
And, we have successfully added a column (Sunday, Monday….) at the end.
- How to Add Group-Level Summary Statistic as a New Column in Pandas?
- Python | Add new keys to a dictionary
- Adding new column to existing DataFrame in Pandas
- Create a new column in Pandas DataFrame based on the existing columns
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
- Create a Pandas DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- How to add Empty Column to Dataframe in Pandas?
- Add column names to dataframe in Pandas
- How To Add Identifier Column When Concatenating Pandas dataframes?
- Add Column to Pandas DataFrame with a Default Value
- New self vs. new static in PHP
- How to add HTTP headers 'X-Frame-Options' on iframe ?
- How to Add Apple's new San Francisco font on a Webpage using CSS ?
- Add a Pandas series to another Pandas series
- Creating a Data Frame from Vectors in R Programming
- Reshaping a Data Frame in Julia
- How to fixed one column and scrollable other column or columns in Bootstrap ?
- Create a DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Create a column using for loop in Pandas Dataframe
- Create a pandas column using for loop
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.