Pandas is basically the library in Python used for Data Analysis and Manipulation. To add a new Column in the data frame we have a variety of methods. But here in this post, we are discussing adding a new column by using the dictionary.
Let’s take Example!
data 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6
Now Using the above-written method lets try to add a new column to it. Let’s add the New columns named as “new_data_1”.
Map Function : Adding column “new_data_1” by giving the functionality of getting week name for the column named “data”. Call map and pass the dict, this will perform a lookup and return the associated value for that key.
Let’s Introduce variable week data typed as Dictionary that includes the name of days in the week.
data new_data_1 0 0 Sunday 1 1 Monday 2 2 Tuesday 3 3 Wednesday 4 4 Thursday 5 5 Friday 6 6 Saturday
And, we have successfully added a column (Sunday, Monday….) at the end.
- Creating a Pandas Series from Dictionary
- Convert a column to row name/index in Pandas
- Create a pandas column using for loop
- How to get column names in Pandas dataframe
- Create pandas dataframe from lists using dictionary
- Getting Unique values from a column in Pandas dataframe
- Split a column in Pandas dataframe and get part of it
- Formatting integer column of Dataframe in Pandas
- Apply uppercase to a column in Pandas dataframe
- Adding new column to existing DataFrame in Pandas
- Create a column using for loop in Pandas Dataframe
- Capitalize first letter of a column in Pandas dataframe
- Get n-smallest values from a particular column in Pandas DataFrame
- Get n-largest values from a particular column in Pandas DataFrame
- How to lowercase column names in Pandas dataframe
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.