Accolite Digital Interview Experience for Software Engineer (On-Campus)
Accolite Digital Interview Experience for Software Engineer (On-Campus) for batch 2022
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1(MCQ Round): Questions based on Java, DBMS, Networks, OS, DSA, find error, Write the missing code etc. This test was conducted on Accolite’s own platform Eduthrill. We had to attempt 30 MCQs in 25 minutes.
Out of 245 Students only 75 students were shortlisted.
Round 2(Coding Round): This test was also conducted on Accolite’s own platform Codelyzer.
- 1 Question was given to solve in 60 mins. (Sounds easy right? But the catch was, we had to write our own testcases using assertEquals and that too in minimum time).
- Out of 75 only 21 were shortlisted.
Round 3(Technical Interview – I): Interviewer introduced himself and asked me to do the same and directly dived into coding / Competitive Programming Questions. He said, “I will give you 3 questions to solve in 60 mins, even if you solve 2 questions it is good enough.”
You have to explain all the approaches you can think of first and then code the efficient one.
- Given a string return if any anagram of a string is palindrome or not. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-anagram-string-palindrome-not/
- Correct Position of an element to be inserted in an array. For Ex. if we have an array 1 2 3 4 6 and we want to insert 5 we have to return 4 (index 4). I gave both the naïve and efficient approach. Finally solved it using Modified Binary Search.
- Find Loop in a Linked list https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/detect-loop-in-a-linked-list/ In addition to this question was to find the start of the loop.
I was easily able to solve these questions in 30 minutes so he asked me some theory-based questions.
- What is normalization?
- Why to do normalization? Explain BCNF
- Explain OOP Concepts.
- Explain one of your projects.
- Any questions for me?
Out of 21 only 14 were shortlisted.
Round 4(Technical Interview – II): Very similar to technical round 1. Again 3 questions + questions on computer fundamentals were asked. This was a very exhaustive round it was between 70 – 80 minutes.
- How many stocks can you buy and sell in a day to gain maximum profit? Also print the buying index, selling time & max profit. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/stock-buy-sell/
- Basic Two Sum & Three Sum problem with all approaches https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-all-pairs-with-given-sum/
- Print Left view of a Binary Tree https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-left-view-binary-tree/
- He asked what are the pillars of OOP and asked to code and example for each of them.
- What is the use of Static keyword?
- Can we create an object of static class?
- Many tricky questions on static were asked.
- Why is Multithreading done?
- How can we do multithreading in java?
- Difference between a process and a thread.
- How does HashMap works internally?
- Tricky questions on Inheritance & Polymorphism were asked.
- What are semaphores?
- Difference between mutex & binary semaphore.
- Race Condition in OS.
- What is deadlock?
- How to prevent deadlock?
- Why do we do synchronization?
- Types of scheduling algorithms and implementation of Round Robin (I only had to explain my approach for RR).
- Why is DBMS preferred over file systems?
- Name and explain types of Joins.
- 5 queries were asked
- Nth Highest Salary
- 2 Queries on joins
- 2 queries on subquery.
- What is Normalization? Why to do it? Explain 2NF, BCNF.
- What are Functional Dependencies?
- What is indexing?
- Types of Indexes.
- Which data structures have you used in your projects?
- Given a code, tell the time & space complexity.
- Any Questions for me?
Out of 14 only 8 were selected.
Round 5(HR Round): Generic HR questions were asked.
- Introduce yourself.
- Why did you choose engineering?
- What are your strengths & weaknesses?
- What will you do if your team is not able to perform well / below your expectations?
- How will you resolve a conflict in your team? He further explained me about Accolite Digital. Told me about different working locations, salary breakup etc. Accolite offers an internship + FTE Offer. Internship is offered for 6/9/12 months according to your college.
- Any Questions for me?
All 8 who were shortlisted for HR were selected.
Verdict – Selected.
Overall Experience –
- Interviewers are friendly & will help you if you are stuck somewhere.
- All the coding or theory questions were of Easy – Medium Difficulty level. One can easily crack if he/she is thorough with the basics.
- Practice CP as much as you can on platforms like LeetCode, GfG etc.
- In the technical round, before coding, think-aloud all the approaches you can think of starting from Naïve till efficient one.
- Visit their website to know more about the company.
- Be calm & confident while answering the questions.
- Always ask relevant questions to the interviewer when he/she asks, Do you have any questions for me?