Directly accessing Grandparent’s member in Java:
Predict the output of following Java program.
Output: Compiler Error
There is error in line “super.super.print();”. In Java, a class cannot directly access the grandparent’s members. It is allowed in C++ though. In C++, we can use scope resolution operator (::) to access any ancestor’s member in inheritance hierarchy. In Java, we can access grandparent’s members only through the parent class. For example, the following program compiles and runs fine.
Grandparent's Print() Parent's Print() Child's Print()
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Difference between super and super() in Java with Examples
- Difference between super() and this() in java
- Super Keyword in Java
- super and this keywords in Java
- Parent and Child classes having same data member in Java
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.Phaser class in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.LinkedList.offer(), offerFirst(), offerLast() in Java
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples