AbstractMap.SimpleEntry<K, V> is used to maintain a key and a value entry. The value can be changed using the equals? method. This class facilitates the process of building custom map implementations.
equals(Object o) method of AbstractMap.SimpleEntry<K, V> used to compare the specified object passed as parameter with this entry for equality.The method returns true if the given object also contains a map entry and the two entries represent the same mapping.
Two entries e1 and e2 represent the same mapping if
(e1.getKey()==null ? e2.getKey()==null : e1.getKey().equals(e2.getKey())) && (e1.getValue()==null ? e2.getValue()==null : e1.getValue().equals(e2.getValue()))
public V equals(Object o)
Parameters: This method accepts object to be compared for equality with this map entry.
Return value: This method true if the specified object is equal to this map entry.
Below programs illustrate equals(Object o) method:
Map 1 is equal to Map2 -> true
Map 1 is equal to Map2 -> false
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java 8 | ArrayDeque removeIf() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.builtcount() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock tickMinutes() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock withZone() method in Java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java.util.BitSet class in Java with Examples | Set 1
- Java.util.Collections.frequency() in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Arrays.equals() in Java with Examples
- Java 8 | Consumer Interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.