Flutter is an app SDK for building high-performance, high-fidelity apps for iOS, Android, Web(beta), and desktop(technical preview) from a single codebase written in Dart Language. In this article, I will provide line by line explanation on how to build a simple Hello World App using Flutter.
In Flutter everything is a Widget, and using predefined widgets one can create user-defined widgets just like using int, float, double we can create user-defined data type. In Flutter there are three types of widgets
- Stateless Widget
- Stateful Widget
- Inherited Widget
In this article, we will use Stateless Widget, Material App, Center and Text Widget
In Flutter Stateless Widget are the widgets that can not change their state, that is in Stateless Widget there is a method(function) called as build which is responsible for drawing components on the screen is called only once. To redraw a stateless widget one has to create a new instance of the stateless widget.
It is also a widget provided by Flutter Team, which follows Google Material Design Scheme, Material App is a class which has various named arguments like home: in which we pass the widget that has to be displayed on Home Screen of an App. To read more about Material App check out Flutter Documentation
Center is also a predefined widget by Flutter Team, which takes another widget in its child argument. Using Center Widget as the name suggest it will display Widget in its child argument in Center
The text widget is also predefined by Flutter Team, which is used to display text. Let us now build a Hello World App using Flutter
Here we are importing the package which has a definition for Stateless Widget, Center, Text, Material App, and many more. It is like #include<iostream> in C++ program
GeeksForGeeks: It is a user Defined class which inherits Stateless Widget, that is all the property of Stateless Widget is in GeeksForGeeks
Build: It is a method which is responsible for drawing components on the Screen it takes a BuildContext as an argument which has information about which widget has to be displayed and in which order it has to be painted on the screen.
It does not look like a Modern App, Let us add material design!
- How to Add images in Flutter App?
- Basic Quiz App In Flutter API
- Upload and Retrieve Images on MongoDB using Dart in Flutter
- Flutter - Using Google fonts
- Flutter - Send Data to Screen using RouteSettings
- MaterialApp class in Flutter
- Difference between React Native and Flutter
- Scaffold class in Flutter with Examples
- Difference Between Rows and Columns vs Container in Flutter
- Multi Page Applications in Flutter
- Routes and Navigator in Flutter
- Flutter GridView
- What is widgets in Flutter?
- Container class in Flutter
- Difference Between Stateless and Stateful Widget in Flutter
- Rive animations in Flutter
- ProgressIndicator in Flutter
- Row and Column Widgets in Flutter with Example
- Flutter - Stateful vs Stateless Widgets
- Wrap Widget in Flutter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.