Problem – Write 8085 program to divide two 8 bit numbers.
- Start the program by loading the HL pair registers with address of memory location.
- Move the data to B Register.
- Load the second data into accumulator.
- Compare the two numbers to check carry.
- Subtract two numbers.
- Increment the value of carry.
- Check whether the repeated subtraction is over.
- Then store the results(quotient and remainder) in given memory location.
- Terminate the program.
|2000||LXI H, 2050|
|2003||MOV B, M||B<-M|
|2004||MVI C, 00||C<-00H|
|2007||MOV A, M||A<-M|
|2009||JC 2011||check for carry|
|2014||MOV A, C||A<-C|
|2018||HLT||terminate the program|
Explanation – Registers A, H, L, C, B are used for general purpose.
- LXI H, 2050 will load the HL pair register with the address 2050 of memory location.
- MOV B, M copies the content of memory into register B.
- MVI C, 00 assign 00 to C.
- INX H increment register pair HL.
- MOV A, M copies the content of memory into accumulator.
- CMP B compares the content of accumulator and register B.
- JC 2011 jump to address 2011 if carry flag is set.
- SUB B subtract the content of accumulator with register B and store the result in accumulator.
- INR C increment the register C.
- JMP 2008 control will shift to memory address 2008.
- STA 3050 stores the remainder at memory location 3050.
- MOV A, C copies the content of register into accumulator.
- STA 3051 stores the remainder at memory location 3051.
- HLT stops executing the program and halts any further execution.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- 8085 program to divide two 16 bit numbers
- 8085 program to count total odd numbers in series of 10 numbers
- 8085 program to count total even numbers in series of 10 numbers
- 8085 program to add two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to add 2-BCD numbers
- 8085 program to add two 16 bit numbers
- 8085 program to multiply two 16-bit numbers
- 8085 program to add numbers in an array
- 8085 program to swap two 8-bit numbers
- 8085 program to multiply two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to sum of two 8 bit numbers without carry
- 8085 program to find larger of two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to find maximum of two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to subtract two 16-bit numbers with or without borrow
- 8085 program to find the sum of series of even numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.