Problem – Write an assembly language program for converting a 2 digit BCD number to its binary equivalent using 8085 microprocessor.
Input : 72H (0111 0010)2 Output : 48H (in hexadecimal) (0011 0000)2 ((4x16)+(8x1))=72
- Load the BCD number in the accumulator
- Unpack the 2 digit BCD number into two separate digits. Let the left digit be BCD1 and the right one BCD2
- Multiply BCD1 by 10 and add BCD2 to it
If the 2 digit BCD number is 72, then its binary equivalent will be
7 x OAH + 2 = 46H + 2 = 48H
- Load the BCD number from the memory location (201FH, arbitrary choice) into the accumulator
- Temporarily store the accumulator’s value in B
- Obtain BCD2 by ANDing the accumulator with 0FH and store it in C
- Restore the original value of the accumulator by moving the value in B to A. AND the accumulator with F0H
- If the value in the accumulator equals 0, then BCD2 is the final answer and store it in the memory location, 2020H (arbitary)
- Else, shift the accumulator to right 4 times to obtain BCD1. Next step is to multiply BCD1 by 0AH
- Multiplication: Move BCD1 to D and initialise E with 0AH as the counter. Clear the accumulator to 0 and add D to it E number of times
- Finally, add C to the accumulator and store the result in 2020H
2020H contains the result.
|2003H||MOV B, A|
|2006H||MOV C, A|
|2007H||MOV A, B|
|2011H||MOV D, A|
|2013H||MVI E, 0AH|
Store the BCD number in 201FH. 2020H contains its binary equivalent.
- 8085 program to convert gray to binary
- 8085 program to convert binary numbers to gray
- 8085 program to convert 8 bit BCD number into ASCII Code
- 8085 program to convert a hexadecimal number into ASCII code
- 8085 program to convert an 8 bit number into Grey number
- 8085 program to convert an 8 bit BCD number into hexadecimal number
- 8085 code to convert binary number to ASCII code
- 8086 program to convert a 16 bit decimal number to binary
- 8085 program for Binary search
- 8085 program to convert ASCII code into HEX code
- 8085 program to reverse 16 bit number
- 8085 program to check whether the given number is even or odd
- 8085 program to reverse 8 bit number
- 8085 program to count number of elements which are less than 0A
- 8085 program to check whether the given 16 bit number is palindrome or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.