Problem – Write a program to find 1’s and 2’s complement of 8-bit number where starting address is 2000 and the number is stored at 3000 memory address and store result into 3001 and 3002 memory address.
- Load the data from memory 3000 into A (accumulator)
- Complement content of accumulator
- Store content of accumulator in memory 3001 (1’s complement)
- Add 01 to Accumulator content
- Store content of accumulator in memory 3002 (2’s complement)
|2000||LDA||||[A] <- |
|2003||CMA||[A] <- [A^]|
|2007||ADI||01||[A] <- [A] + 01|
- A is an 8-bit accumulator which is used to load and store the data directly
- LDA is used to load accumulator direct using 16-bit address (3 Byte instruction)
- CMA is used to complement content of accumulator (1 Byte instruction)
- STA is used to store accumulator direct using 16-bit address (3 Byte instruction)
- ADI is used to add data into accumulator immediately (2 Byte instruction)
- HLT is used to halt the program
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- 8085 program to find 1’s and 2’s complement of 16-bit number
- 8085 program to find 2's complement of the contents of Flag Register
- What’s difference between 1's Complement and 2's Complement?
- Interface 8255 with 8085 microprocessor for 1’s and 2’s complement of a number
- 8085 program to find the factorial of a number
- 8085 program to find square root of a number
- 8085 program to find sum of digits of 8 bit number
- 8085 program to find nth power of a number
- 8085 program to find square of a 8 bit number
- 8085 program to find smallest number between two numbers
- 8085 program to find minimum value of digit in the 8 bit number
- 8085 program to convert an 8 bit number into Grey number
- 8085 program to count number of ones in the given 8-bit number
- 8085 program to convert an 8 bit BCD number into hexadecimal number
- 8085 program to find maximum and minimum of 10 numbers
- 1's and 2's complement of a Binary Number
- Check if binary representation of a given number and its complement are anagram
- 8085 program to show masking of lower and higher nibbles of 8 bit number
- 8085 program to perform AND operation in nibbles of 8 bit number
- Find relative complement of two sorted arrays
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.