5 Most Effective Tips To Become a WordPress Developer
WordPress is an excellent open-source website development platform. It is a versatile content management system designed with the flexibility to foster an amazing solution for small and large websites. WordPress powers both the backend and frontend of the website. WordPress has a very high adoption rate with a market share of nearly 40% of online content. There are endless possibilities for customizing e-commerce websites, portfolio websites, e-learning websites, event websites, blog websites, and many more.
WordPress offers amazing benefits like:
- Ease of use
- Flexible and simple layout
- Open-source software
- Enhanced security features
- Mobile optimization
- Enhanced speed and SEO optimization
and many more.
All these astonishing features have enhanced the demand for WordPress and WordPress developers. It is a fantastic career opportunity that offers immense job satisfaction, insanely high salaries, great demand, and a lot more. So if you are thinking of building your career in this fantastic field then surely you are at the right place. In this blog, we will discuss the tips regarding How to become a WordPress developer. So let’s get started.
1. Understand the Basic Skills
To become a WordPress developer you are required to have proficiency in the main programming and markup languages. The basic skills include:
- HTML: It stands for ‘HyperText Markup Language’ that builds the structure of a website. Simply, it is like the bones of a webpage. Knowledge of HTML offers a structural approach to web page designing and modeling.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. It provides the visual appearance to a website or simply it provides the skin to a website. It is the most important skill that front-end developers need to learn.
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language which creates an interaction between database and web application.
These are some of the skills required to become a proficient WordPress developer.
2. Get Information About Main Creations
There are some main creations of a WordPress development which includes:
- Themes: It defines the overall styling of a WordPress website. WordPress offers around 31000 options for themes and also provides you a room to customize your theme. Further, themes are optimized for all devices including tablets, monitors, phones, or large screens.
- Widgets: These are the components that are added to provide some extra functionality to websites. It is like a quick gateway to create the desired function that you cannot find anywhere.
- Plugins: This helps you to modify the behavior of your website without any modifications in the code. Currently, WordPress offers more than 54000 plugins. It helps developers to add some extra features with no knowledge of programming.
3. Decide your Domain
Now you have a basic idea about the main creations and now you can decide your zone of interest. You can choose one of these:
- Theme WordPress development: Developers in this domain customize themes for their clients or release them on WordPress’s official website.
- Core WordPress development: Developers in this domain edit the core functionality of WordPress itself.
- Plugin WordPress development: Developers in this domain customize the plugins.
Now based on your interest and career growth you can choose any of them.
4. Create the Testing Environment
This is a crucial component that enhances the development process and results in a better product. It provides you with an easy way of testing plugins, themes, layout, and the latest releases without launching them on a live site. In this way, you can collaborate with other teams to resolve any error before releasing it.
5. Start with Some Real-Time Work
Okay, so now you have learned all the skills required to become a WordPress developer. Now it’s your turn to start a full-time job or get freelance clients to start some real work. You can start with the people you know like friends, family, colleagues, and ask them for referrals. Be confident about your skills and you are good to go.
These are a few steps that you need to follow to get some real-time work:
- Update your resume: Your resume must include the following parameters why you are fit for a particular role, appropriate keywords, must be visually appealing, and a separate section of your skills.
- Prepare for your interview: Get the complete information about the company’s interview process. You can refer to the official website to get preparation tips or connect with HRs. Apart from this, you can also go for mock interviews to boost your confidence.
- Practice frequently asked questions: You must practice frequently asked questions like:
- Why are you fit for this role?
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell something about yourself?
- Why do you want to work with us?
If you want to work as a freelancer then start by building your connections. Customize your portfolio which must include concise information of your skills, your best work, and your client’s feedback. Further, you can use freelance platforms like Upwork, etc., or use social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to enhance your reach. For more such tips and tricks you can visit GeeksforGeeks official website. Becoming a WordPress developer is a really exciting and lucrative career option. All you need is a systematic approach and proper guidance. Just follow the steps mentioned above and you are good to go!
Please Login to comment...