Visualizing algorithms makes it easier to understand them by analyzing and comparing the number of operations that took place to compare and swap the elements. 3D visualization of algorithms is less common, for this we will use matplotlib to plot bar graphs and animate them to represent the elements of the array.
- We will generate an array with random elements.
- The algorithm will be called on that array and yield statement will be used instead of return statement for visualization purposes.
- We will yield the current states of the array after comparing and swapping. Hence the algorithm will return a generator object.
- Matplotlib animation will be used to visualize the comparing and swapping of the array.
- We will then plot the graph, which will return an object of Poly3dCollection using which further animation will be done.
Below is the implementation.
- 3D Visualisation of Quick Sort using Matplotlib in Python
- 3D Visualisation of Merge Sort using Matplotlib
- Insertion Sort Visualization using Matplotlib in Python
- Python - Stock Data Visualisation
- Tableau - Change the order in visualisation
- Data Visualisation with Chartify
- Insertion sort to sort even and odd positioned elements in different orders
- Merge Sort vs. Insertion Sort
- Insertion sort using C++ STL
- Python Program for Binary Insertion Sort
- Python Program for Recursive Insertion Sort
- Time complexity of insertion sort when there are O(n) inversions?
- Insertion Sort for Doubly Linked List
- C Program for Binary Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Binary Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Recursive Insertion Sort
- Insertion Sort by Swapping Elements
- Sorting algorithm visualization : Insertion Sort
- Visualization of Quick sort using Matplotlib
- Visualization of Merge sort using Matplotlib
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.