Plotly is a Python library that is used to design graphs, especially interactive graphs. It can plot various graphs and charts like histogram, barplot, boxplot, spreadplot, and many more. It is mainly used in data analysis as well as financial analysis. plotly is an interactive visualization library.
Surface Plot plotly
Surface plot is those plot which has three-dimensions data which is X, Y, and Z. Rather than showing individual data points, the surface plot has a functional relationship between dependent variable Y and have two independent variables X and Z. This plot is used to distinguish between dependent and independent variables.
Syntax: plotly.graph_objects.Surface(arg=None, hoverinfo=None, x=None, y=None, z=None, **kwargs)
arg: dict of properties compatible with this constructor or an instance of plotly.graph_objects.Surface
x: Sets the x coordinates.
y: Sets the y coordinates.
z: Sets the z coordinates.
hoverinfo: Determines which trace information appear on hover. If none or skip are set, no information is displayed upon hovering. But, if none is set, click and hover events are still fired.
Showing Surface Plot With Contours
In plotly, contours attribute is used to Display and customize contour data for each axis.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Surface plots and Contour plots in Python
- 3D Volume Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Line Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Cone Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Streamtube Plots using Plotly in Python
- Streamline Plots in Plotly using Python
- Quiver Plots using Plotly in Python
- Contour Plots using Plotly in Python
- Carpet Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Mesh Plots using Plotly in Python
- How to make Log Plots in Plotly - Python?
- Ternary Plots in Plotly
- Plotting different types of plots using Factor plot in seaborn
- Pair plots using Scatter matrix in Pandas
- 3D Surface plotting in Python using Matplotlib
- Tri-Surface Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Stem and Leaf Plots in Python
- How To Make Simple Facet Plots with Seaborn Catplot in Python?
- Density Plots with Pandas in Python
- Python | Geographical plotting using plotly
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.