Plotly is a Python library that is used to design graphs, especially interactive graphs. It can plot various graphs and charts like histogram, barplot, boxplot, spreadplot, and many more. It is mainly used in data analysis as well as financial analysis. plotly is an interactive visualization library.
3D Streamtube Plots
In plotly, the streamtube plot, parameter includes X, Y, and Z, which set the coordinates with vector fields. U, V, and W which set X, Y, and Z component of vector fields. A streamtube is a tubular region surrounded by streamlines that form a closed loop.
Syntax: plotly.graph_objects.Streamtube(arg=None, hoverinfo=None, showscale=None, u=None, v=None, w=None, x=None, y=None, z=None, **kwargs)
arg: dict of properties compatible with this constructor or an instance of plotly.graph_objects.Streamtube
hoverinfo: Determines which trace information appear on hover. If none or skip are set, no information is displayed upon hovering. But, if none is set, click and hover events are still fired.
showscale: Determines whether or not a colorbar is displayed for this trace.
u: Sets the x components of the vector field.
v: Sets the y components of the vector field.
w: Sets the z components of the vector field.
x: Sets the x coordinates of the vector field.
y: Sets the y coordinates of the vector field.
z: Sets the z coordinates of the vector field.
Changing Tube diameter
The diameter of tubes can be determined by local divergence of the vector field. The norms are proportionate but the direction of the vector is different and it result in different divergence field.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Surface plots and Contour plots in Python
- 3D Volume Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Line Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Cone Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Surface Plots using Plotly in Python
- Streamline Plots in Plotly using Python
- Quiver Plots using Plotly in Python
- Contour Plots using Plotly in Python
- Carpet Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Mesh Plots using Plotly in Python
- How to make Log Plots in Plotly - Python?
- Ternary Plots in Plotly
- Plotting different types of plots using Factor plot in seaborn
- Pair plots using Scatter matrix in Pandas
- Stem and Leaf Plots in Python
- How To Make Simple Facet Plots with Seaborn Catplot in Python?
- Density Plots with Pandas in Python
- Python | Geographical plotting using plotly
- Histogram using Plotly in Python
- How to make a basic Scatterplot using Python-Plotly?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.