Plotly is a Python library that is used to design graphs, especially interactive graphs. It can plot various graphs and charts like histogram, barplot, boxplot, spreadplot, and many more. It is mainly used in data analysis as well as financial analysis. plotly is an interactive visualization library.
Scatter plot using graph_objects class
If a plotly express does not provide a good starting point, then it is possible to use go.Scatter3D class from plotly.graph_objects. Scatter plot are those charts in which data points are represented horizontally and on the vertical axis to show how one variable affect on another variable. The mode of the property decides the appearance of data points.
Syntax: plotly.graph_objects.Scatter3d(arg=None, connectgaps=None, customdata=None, customdatasrc=None, error_x=None, error_y=None, error_z=None, hoverinfo=None, hoverinfosrc=None, hoverlabel=None, hovertemplate=None, hovertemplatesrc=None, hovertext=None, hovertextsrc=None, ids=None, idssrc=None, legendgroup=None, line=None, marker=None, meta=None, metasrc=None, mode=None, name=None, opacity=None, projection=None, scene=None, showlegend=None, stream=None, surfaceaxis=None, surfacecolor=None, text=None, textfont=None, textposition=None, textpositionsrc=None, textsrc=None, texttemplate=None, texttemplatesrc=None, uid=None, uirevision=None, visible=None, x=None, xcalendar=None, xsrc=None, y=None, ycalendar=None, ysrc=None, z=None, zcalendar=None, zsrc=None, **kwargs)
x – Sets the x coordinates.
y – Sets the y coordinates.
z – Sets the z coordinates.
mode – Determines the drawing mode for this scatter trace.
Presenting 3D Scatter Plot with Color scaling and Marker Styling
In plotly, color scaling and marker styling are a way to represent the data more effectively, and it makes data more understandable.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Scatter plot in Plotly using graph_objects class
- Scatter plot using Plotly in Python
- 3D scatter plot using Plotly in Python
- Python Bokeh - Plotting a Scatter Plot on a Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Graphic Effect to Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Setting Graphic Effect to Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Setting Opacity of Spots of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Moving Data of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting View Position of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Position of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph –Getting Pixel Size of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Removing Cursor of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Checking if Cursor is on Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Setting Scale of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Scale of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Setting Cursor to Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Cursor to Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Opacity of Spots of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Opaque Area in Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Rotating Data of Spots of Scatter Plot Graph
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.