Python is a high-level, interpreted, general-purpose programming language that supports both object-oriented programming and structured programming. It is quite versatile and offers a lot of functionalities using standard libraries which allows the easy implementation of complex applications.
Python is also the most popular and fastest growing programming languages in current times. Keeping this mind, 10 reasons to learn Python in 2019 are given below:
- Python is easy to learn –
Python is simple and easy to learn as it does not have any complicated syntax or tough rules. It also resembles the English language quite closely and that is one of the main reasons that it is one of the most popular languages for beginners.
- Python is quite popular and in demand –
Python is very popular in current times and also the fastest growing language. Moreover, it was ranked the first in top programming languages by IEEE Spectrum 2018. Because of its popularity and multiple uses, Python developers are quite highly paid, especially in Machine learning, Web development and Data science.
- Python has many libraries and frameworks –
Python has many libraries and frameworks for various different purposes. For example, Django is used for web development, PyBrain is used for data science, Tensorflow is used for machine learning, etc. This ensures that the process of application development is very easy and smooth as the libraries and frameworks can be used according to requirements.
- Python is used in Data Science –
Python is the most popular language in Data Science. One of the major reasons is that it provides many libraries and frameworks such as PyBrain, NumPy, SymPy, PyMySQL, etc. Also, the Python data analysis library, Pandas, is multi-faceted and one of the reasons for the success of Python.
- Python is used in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence –
Python is a popular language in Machine Learning as it can be used to build algorithms using statistics to allow computers to perform different actions. Some of the Python modules that are used to support machine learning are Theano, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, etc. Also, Python is quite useful in Artificial Intelligence with libraries such as Keras that deals with neural network experimentation.
- Python is used in Web development –
Python is quite useful for web development as it has a lot of libraries and frameworks such as Django, web2py, Flask, bottle.py, CherryPy, Pyramid, etc. For example, Django has multiple features and in-depth documentation along that make web development simple and easy to do. There are a lot of famous websites that are powered using Python frameworks such as Mozilla, Reddit, Spotify, Yelp, etc.
- Python is portable and extensible –
A lot of cross-language operations can be performed easily on Python because of its portable and extensible nature. Also, many different platforms support Python such as Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, etc. In addition to this, Python can also be integrated with Java, .NET components or C/C++ libraries because of its extensible nature.
- Python has a large community –
There is a large online community of Python users and experts that is particularly helpful for new Python programmers. Also, help for any Python problem can be obtained on the internet which contains a variety of resources.
- Python is used for building GUI –
Python can be used to build graphical user interfaces or desktop applications. Tkinter is the standard Python GUI that is included with the standard Mac OS X, Linux and Microsoft Windows install of Python. There are multiple cross-platform GUI toolkits available like PyQt, PySide, wxPython, Kivy etc.
- Python is used in Scripting and Automation –
In addition to being a programming language, Python is also a scripting language. A Python script can contain functions that were imported as a library of functions in other scripts. Also, Python can be used to automate different tasks that significantly reduces the time and energy spent on them.
- Top 10 Reasons to Learn C++
- Top 10 Reasons to Learn Java
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn : A Python Machine Learning Library
- How can I start to learn Web Development ?
- Which language should you learn first if you want to make an app?
- How to learn any technology inside out?
- Multiclass classification using scikit-learn
- Programming languages one should learn in 2018
- ML | Cancer cell classification using Scikit-learn
- ML | Implement Face recognition using k-NN with scikit-learn
- Top 10 Programming Languages of the World – 2019 to begin with…
- How to Become a Full Stack Web Developer in 2019 : A Complete Guide
- GRE General Practice Test Series 2019 | GeeksforGeeks
- Angular vs ReactJS : Which one is Most In-Demand Frontend Development Framework in 2019?
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.