- Not Gathering enough information About Company and work.
Not gathering sufficient information about the company and job profile can be a huge mistake. No matter how good you are, a company cannot hire a database administrator when they need a python coder. If you are shortlisted for a job interview then they expect you to know about the technology you may have to work upon in the company. Knowing about company’s profile will definitely give you an edge over others and further knowing about the kind of work company does will get you through for sure.
- Not able to Answer Tricky questions
Where do you see yourself after 5 years? What are your future plans? What if you are not selected? Such questions are asked only to check the mindset of a candidate. Interviewer is obviously never interested in your future plans but he/she is trying to see your insight for yourself in upcoming years. Giving a crystal clear vision only prove that your path is unambiguous and you know where you want to be. Such employees can be an asset for any organization and will always be given preference for hiring.
Lack of confidence is the first impression if you are fumbling in an interview .You have certain ability and that’s the reason you have received a call for the interview. Faltering at every sentence would not lead you anywhere. To avoid that, the best remedy is to stand in front of mirror and read a newspaper looking eye to eye at yourself. Believe it or not you would start feeling confident after certain days of practicing this trick.
- Answering when you are not sure
At one point confidence is the key to success, being overconfident may also land you up in mess. Especially in a technical interview giving wrong answers might trouble you like anything. If you do not know about some topic saying –“Sorry, I don’t know” is always a safer option than answering anything randomly.
- Remember to Wear a smile before deciding what to wear from your wardrobe
Nobody likes to see tensed sad faces, be it you or the interviewer. Smiling always gives a positive aura in a so called tension packed interview room. Your smile will give confidence to you and at the same time a sense of positivity to the other side of the table.
- Not Knowing your strengths and weaknesses in advance
Now that is what we call catching the nerve. Representing your strength as strength and on the top of it portraying weakness also as strength is quite a tricky job .You need to be pre prepared well in advance to hit the right chord in this question. Your answer must not be too over dedicated and not too casual too. You must priory think these answers and if not able to find on your own then your buddies are the best to let you know about your personal traits. But make sure you have prepared the answer well in time before an interview.
- Being over pleasing
To agree on everything on what interviewer is saying is also not a good approach. This reflects that you either do not have any opinion and or you want this job by hook or crook, both of the reasons being wrong. Give your thoughts politely and in case you do not agree say that you don’t. Everybody is fond of a person having own thoughts and opinions and they’ll respect it too.
- Patience is the word, Frustration can bring you down
You may be searching for a job from a long time and not be able to crack interview since the beginning. No matter what is the reason, an Interviewer must not sense your disappointment at any point of time during the interview. It shows your persistence to be calm even under pressure and stressful working conditions. Keeping the patience before the interview will help you in good preparation and during the interview will get help you through.
- Not Being Polite and Humble
As said above, throughout the interview you need to be calm and very polite. Answering when required and that too very gently & non aggressively is the key. You may be not like that as a person but do not let it come in your interview. After all it’s just a matter of few minutes.
- Subject knowledge deficiency
All the points above may hardly help if you lack subject knowledge .A team of interviewers has spared a lot of time to get intelligent guys as their team mates and if they don’t find that technical expertise in you then all other traits may go into vain. So, start preparing for your placements/ interview well before time and look for what you aren’t good at .Prepare the subjects one by one. Use all the resources available to you, be it your library, internet, seniors, colleagues, faculties, friends or anybody who may help in any manner.
Author- Team Geeksforgeeks
If you also wish to showcase your blog here,please see GBlog for guest blog writing on GeeksforGeeks.
- 13 Mistakes To Avoid During Technical Interview
- Mistakes You Must Avoid During Work From Home
- 5 Mistakes That Every Engineering Student Must Avoid
- Top 5 Common Mistakes in Technical On-site Interviews
- 7 Common Programming Mistakes That Every Beginner Must Avoid
- 7 Common Mistakes That Beginners Should Avoid While Learning to Code
- 10 Tech Devices that help People with Disabilities
- How Hackers Are Using Coronavirus To Scam People?
- How to be prepared for an interview?
- 5 Essential Tips To Consider When Following-Up After An Interview
- Tips to Crack a Telephonic Job Interview
- 10 Tips to Prepare for a Video Job Interview
- How to Practice for the Technical Rounds in Interview?
- Top 10 System Design Interview Questions and Answers
- IIIT Hyderabad M. Tech Interview Experience
- 6 Tips to Prepare Behavioural Interview Questions
- How to Prepare for Microsoft Software Development Engineering Interview?
- GeeksforGeeks Complete Interview Preparation Course - Get a Job in your Dream Company!
- Special 21 - Coding Interview Preparation in 21 Days Lockdown
- How to Prepare for Amazon Software Development Engineering Interview?