If you are given two traversal sequences, can you construct the binary tree?
It depends on what traversals are given. If one of the traversal methods is Inorder then the tree can be constructed, otherwise not.
Therefore, following combination can uniquely identify a tree.
Inorder and Preorder.
Inorder and Postorder.
Inorder and Level-order.
And following do not.
Postorder and Preorder.
Preorder and Level-order.
Postorder and Level-order.
For example, Preorder, Level-order and Postorder traversals are same for the trees given in above diagram.
Preorder Traversal = AB
Postorder Traversal = BA
Level-Order Traversal = AB
So, even if three of them (Pre, Post and Level) are given, the tree can not be constructed.
- Serialize and Deserialize an N-ary Tree
- Serialize and Deserialize a Binary Tree
- Print nodes between two given level numbers of a binary tree
- Find Height of Binary Tree represented by Parent array
- Minimum no. of iterations to pass information to all nodes in the tree
- Clone a Binary Tree with Random Pointers
- Check if two nodes are cousins in a Binary Tree
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree | Set 2