Applications of Queue Data Structure
Queue is used when things don’t have to be processed immediatly, but have to be processed in First In First Out order like Breadth First Search. This property of Queue makes it also useful in following kind of scenarios.
1) When a resource is shared among multiple consumers. Examples include CPU scheduling, Disk Scheduling.
2) When data is transferred asynchronously (data not necessarily received at same rate as sent) between two processes. Examples include IO Buffers, pipes, file IO, etc.
See this for more detailed applications of Queue and Stack.
- Job Sequencing Problem | Set 1 (Greedy Algorithm)
- Multiply two polynomials
- Algorithm Practice Question for Beginners | Set 1
- Count Distinct Non-Negative Integer Pairs (x, y) that Satisfy the Inequality x*x + y*y < n
- Binomial Heap
- Print all increasing sequences of length k from first n natural numbers
- Find n’th number in a number system with only 3 and 4
- Minimum Cost Polygon Triangulation