Applications of Queue Data Structure
Queue is used when things don’t have to be processed immediatly, but have to be processed in First In First Out order like Breadth First Search. This property of Queue makes it also useful in following kind of scenarios.
1) When a resource is shared among multiple consumers. Examples include CPU scheduling, Disk Scheduling.
2) When data is transferred asynchronously (data not necessarily received at same rate as sent) between two processes. Examples include IO Buffers, pipes, file IO, etc.
See this for more detailed applications of Queue and Stack.
- Print squares of first n natural numbers without using *, / and -
- How to efficiently implement k stacks in a single array?
- Connect n ropes with minimum cost
- Data Structure for Dictionary and Spell Checker?
- Count ways to reach the n’th stair
- An Interesting Method to Generate Binary Numbers from 1 to n
- Calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand
- Dynamic Programming | Set 37 (Boolean Parenthesization Problem)