Applications of Queue Data Structure
Queue is used when things don’t have to be processed immediatly, but have to be processed in First In First Out order like Breadth First Search. This property of Queue makes it also useful in following kind of scenarios.
1) When a resource is shared among multiple consumers. Examples include CPU scheduling, Disk Scheduling.
2) When data is transferred asynchronously (data not necessarily received at same rate as sent) between two processes. Examples include IO Buffers, pipes, file IO, etc.
See this for more detailed applications of Queue and Stack.
- Backtracking | Set 8 (Solving Cryptarithmetic Puzzles)
- Tail Recursion
- Find if two rectangles overlap
- Analysis of Algorithm | Set 4 (Solving Recurrences)
- Print all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Generate all unique partitions of an integer
- Russian Peasant Multiplication
- Closest Pair of Points | O(nlogn) Implementation